Are you ready for the best time of the year? The sun shines a little longer and the warmth of the day stays overnight. Chances are good there’s an ice-cream stain on my shirt while my toddler runs around with a sugar-high way past her bedtime. The days are spent outside and evenings are spent shaking your tail feather.
That’s right, it’s outdoor concert season! It’s definitely one of our favorite things to do as a family!
When: Friday nights until September 7th. Times vary.
Where: NewBo City Market’s Bankers Trust Stage
The lineup changes weekly, but the fun never ends. Bring a comfy seat and good company and enjoy dinner under the stars from one of the amazing vendors in the marketplace. Sip on your favorite local beer or freshly made juice while the kids enjoy some outdoor games. Check them out on Facebook for event details.
When: Saturday concerts on June 16 & 23, July 14 & August 18 & 25. Times vary.
Where: Klopfenstein Amphitheater in Lowe Park, Marion
Outside food and beverage is allowed with limited concessions available for purchase. Bring your lawn chairs and blankets and enjoy a night out!
A different theme each month during the summer. You will definitely find some fun here!
- Marion by Moonlight on Thursdays during June. Music starts at 6:30 pm.
- Marion Community Band Concerts on June 12 and July 3 at 7 pm
- Marion Big Band “Swingin’ at Sunset” Concerts on Thursdays during July. Music starts at 7 pm.
- Uptown Getdown on Thursdays during August. Music starts at 6:30 pm.
When: June 14, June 22, June 28, July 12, Aug 9 & Sep 13. Times vary.
Where: Lion Bridge Brewery
Indulge in some great local brews and food in this great outdoor atmosphere.
When: August 2, 9, 16 and 23 at 7 pm
Where: Noelridge Park
Enjoy music while the kids play in the all-inclusive playground. Bring your own picnic and cooler!
When: Wednesday and Sundays, June 6 -August 5 @ 7:30pm
Where: Varies, check website for full calendar.
Our very own local band delights guests with various concerts throughout the summer. Check out their website for detail on venues. Note: cancellations due to weather will be done through social media and the KMRY Weather Line at 393-0500.
Other free music options:
- Cedar Rapids Downtown Farmers’ Market on the first and third Saturdays of the month from May 26 – Sep 1
- Uptown Market in Marion on the second Saturdays on June-August
- Robins Roundup on June 8 & 9
- Freedom Festival on June 14 – July 4 (might need to purchase button for admission)
- Czech Plus Band Summer Concert Series every other Friday at the Czech Village
So, grab a lawn chair, a blanket, and a toddler who dances without inhibitions, and enjoy one of the many free outdoor concerts the Cedar Rapids area has to offer!
Make sure you never miss out on a parenting or community-related blog post: sign up to receive CRMB posts in your inbox. While you’re at it, join our VIP List to ensure you’re one of the first to know about upcoming Cedar Rapids Moms Blog events and promotions!!